Friday, October 4, 2013

Wind Waker HD Release! (Physical)

Yay!  I kept my promise!

Now, I just need something to write about... but I have nothing....

Oh, wait.  I take that back.  I have lots to write about.

First, Wind Waker HD.  Physical release.  Today.  Yeah.

Sadly, I still don't have it, but I've heard it's really fun, so you should get it.  Yeah.

Second, I finally preordered A Link Between Worlds!  After seeing the newest Nintendo Direct, I'm pretty sure you'll want to, too.

Or maybe it's just me.  I don't know.  Anyway, watch this:


So, if you didn't gather this from the video, I'll explain it here.

Pretty much, the Item Shop works in the way that it lets you get any item you want, at any time (assuming you have enough rupees).  You can rent an item (or probably multiple, but I'm not sure) and use it for as long as you want.  However, if you die, this item will leave your inventory, and you'll have to re-rent it.  There will come a time later in the game when you can purchase each item, so you won't lose it when you die.

In other words, you can visit any dungeon in any order you want.

Now, this can either be a very good or a very bad thing, depending on whether you like that or not.  Personally, I think it's cool, but the other Zelda games I've played in which you can do that tend to not have much of a story, at least not in the sense that the story evolves as you're playing the game and progressing through the various dungeons (i.e. Skyward Sword).  But we'll see what they can do with this.  It could turn out really well.

On another note, 3D CUTSCENES.  All of my YES.  It has 3D cutscenes.

I don't know why (probably just because I'm weird), but I REALLY love it when a 2D game has 3D cutscenes.  It just seems to add so much immersion to the world, being able to view it from multiple perspectives.  It's also an aspect that sadly hasn't been used in many 2D games.

The only times I can recall it being used is in Link's Awakening some, and then a very small amount in Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages.  (Maybe Four Swords Adventures, haven't played that yet.)  If you haven't played these, all it is is that some cutscenes are in non-top-down perspective views, and even with 8-bit graphics this looks really cool in a top-down game.



Link and Marin on the beach in Link's Awakening DX.

See how cool that looks?  Maybe it's just me, but I really love scenes like that.

What I was really upset about is that A Link to the Past didn't do this.  If they can do that with the Gameboy's limitations, I can only imagine how stuff like that would look on the Super Nintendo.  In A Link to the Past.  That would have been SO AMAZING.

So, anyway, my point is that I'm really happy they're doing this.  It's pretty awesome in my opinion.

Oh, and Zelda looks cute.  In a cute way, not a romantic way.  Like a kitten.  In my opinion. Whatever.

And then.... OH!!!!

Hilda.

Dark Zelda.  

Whatever you want to call her.  At 3:07.  That's both really cool and extremely confusing at the same time.  Like, how can there be a Dark Zelda?  Dark Link, sure.  But Zelda?  That, and she doesn't look all that evil.  And she's talking to Link nicely, unless that's sarcasm.  I can't really tell out of context.

So yeah... that's a thing.

And then there was a little (okay, a lot) of official artwork released.  I'll post my favorites/the important ones here, but you can click here for all of it.

Yup, Ganon's back.  Somehow.

And Link's stabbing Ganon with the Master Sword, both of which are supposed to be sleeping/dead.  Somehow.

And Link's using his little pinwheel/whirlwind/whatever item that lets him float as shown in the video.

And then there's Ghira-dorf!  Or female Ganondorf... Or maybe a weird new male evil person...
Oh, and he/she has the upside-down Triforce on his/her chest.  I didn't notice that before.

So yeah!  A Link Between Worlds releases on November 22nd, which happens to be the same day as Super Mario 3D World releases, the second Hunger Games movie Catching Fire comes out (yeah, I'm into that), and the XBox One releases (yeah, I'm not into that).  Lotta things in one day.  Oh, and it's my friend's birthday to top it all off.  Fun.

Speaking of Super Mario 3D World, it looks REALLY cool in that Nintendo Direct, but since this is a Zelda blog, I'll just post a link.  But seriously, you should check it out.  It looks really fun.  If you're in to Mario.

Even if you're not, you should still check it out for the sake of being a gamer.  I honestly think it looks really good.

That's all for now... Have fun with your copies of Wind Waker HD, if you've gotten them!  I'll hopefully get it very, very soon, once I've finished saving up.  It looks like a great remake.

See you all next time!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:  I just realized this post's title was identical to last post's, so I changed it to a much stranger looking title that looks a little weird.  Well, at least it's not the same as the last one.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment