Thursday, March 4, 2021

Update... 5 Years Later

 Hey. It's been a while.

I know the chances of anyone reading this right now pretty low, but I've been meaning to do this for a while, and I figured 5 years of neglecting this blog was long enough. I figured I'd leave an update on where I've been, what I've been up to, and my future plans moving forward regarding this blog.

I'd love to blame my absence on me being really busy, which wouldn't be a lie, but I have to admit procrastination played a significant role as well. I'm currently in my 4th year in undergrad studying computer science, which (obviously) takes up a significant amount of my time these days. Staying true to form, I'm actually putting off a rather large project while writing this, haha. I remember putting off English papers by writing posts on here my sophomore and junior years of high school. Looks like not much has changed.

If anyone is out there wondering, no, I haven't lost any love for Zelda or gaming as a whole, although unfortunately I'm not blessed with quite as much free time these days. I still love video games, and Zelda is still my favorite series (now closely followed by Final Fantasy and Metroid). I've also become a superfan of Attack on Titan in the past few years -- I watched season 1 when it came out back in 2013, but the past several seasons have been an incredible masterfully written journey. I got to study abroad in Japan in the summer of 2019, which was an awesome experience and allowed me to finish up my minor in Japanese (まだまだちょっと下手だけど). While I was there, I actually got to visit the final Attack on Titan exhibit while it was on display in Tokyo. Really cool stuff.

Anyway, what are my plans for this blog? I have two main things in mind. One, I want to treat it as a sort of journal for my gaming journey as I play through new games in my backlog and write about my thoughts on them, to accompany any Youtube series or Twitch streams I do. Two, I want to write analytical pieces or informal reviews about games that have really stood out to me or have a special place in my heart. Obviously, I'll have some random one-off posts sprinkled in as well. Is it going to remain exclusively about Zelda? Probably not. Am I going to keep the cringey name I came up with when I was 13? Might as well.

Alright, that takes care of that, I guess! I felt like I should post a little update before jumping right back into writing posts like nothing happened. I'm not making any promises of super regular posts due to my busy schedule, but I can promise it won't be another 5 years before you hear from me again. If anyone out there is reading this, welcome back! I'm glad to have you around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment