Monday, July 1, 2013

E3 Reactions - The Wind Waker HD

Sooo...

In the next few posts I'm going to go over what we saw at E3, what I liked, why I liked it, what I didn't like, why I didn't like it, and so on.

Here we have the Wind Waker.

Alright.  I am very excited for this remake.  Very.

That being said, it wouldn't have been my top choice of a remake, if I had the choice.  Which I should.  Nintendo, I should have the choice.

Anyway.

Which Zelda game would I have preferred, you ask?

Majora's Mask.  Majora's Mask 3D, to be exact.  Let's be honest, while Wind Waker looks great in HD, the original game still looks great.  In my opinion, at least.  They haven't aged a bit.  Majora's Mask, on the other hand...

It's not too bad, but it's like Ocarina of Time.  It could use an update.

And I'd rather have MM 3D than HD, because, well...

Here's what'll happen:

The OoT fans will be all mad that the MM fans got an HD remake with a brand new console and they only got a handheld release, so they'll start "Operation Time Travel" or something.  Then if they get that, the MM fans will be all sad that they only got one remake, whereas OoT got two, so they'll wanna be on 3DS too.  Now, given that it would probably stop after the MM release, as Nintendo (hopefully) wouldn't remake the same game within 2 years of each release for two separate consoles.

Plus, it'd be more convenient for MM, because if you've played, you know the saving system is a little... inconvenient.  So instead of having to find an owl statue or play the Song of Time and lose your items to save and stop playing, you could just close the 3DS.  Simple.

Again, that's just my preference, so tell me what you would want.



Nevertheless, I'm still REALLY super-duper excited for WW HD, and I can't wait until it comes out.  

And then there's this...



I REALLY wish they'd included the Tingle Tuner!  I mean, the Tingle Bottle's cool and all, but it's just not the same...  I never had the connector to connect the GBA to the GC, so I couldn't ever use it.  D:

Oh, and aren't there also some figurines that you can't get without the Tingle Tuner? I think there were...  I guess they'll just have to change those around.

All that being said, the Tingle Bottle still looks like an interesting feature, and I'll be interested to see how it's implemented further into the game.



Some of you probably also heard that they're adding a new feature to speed up sailing, since so many people complained about the slow sailing in the original WW.  I never had a problem with it, so I don't really care.  Still it might be useful.

On a side note, whenever I got bored when I was sailing all the way to the other side of the ocean, I'd just turn up the TV volume, close my eyes, and listen to the music.  I've always loved the Great Sea Theme.

And... I'm probably forgetting something, but at the time that's all I can remember that's different.

Something that I wish they'd include is the cut dungeons from the original game, but they've explained a reason why they didn't, and I guess it's valid.

What's that reason?  Um... I don't really remember... XD  I just remember thinking that it made sense, even though I was mildly disappointed.

Tell me what you all think about the Wind Waker HD!  Are you excited?  I know I am!  Is there another remake you'd rather see, or just an original game altogether?  

That's all for now, and I'll be back really soon (Like, tomorrow soon.  Yeah, that soon.  :O ) to tell my thoughts on A Link Between Worlds!  

Bye.  

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited for Wind Waker HD also! I've already said that many times, though. :D

    Ooh! I remember the reason why they're not including the cut dungeons in Wind Waker HD!! I think. XD Don't quote me on it if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember correctly.

    Nintendo didn't include the cut dungeons because they implemented the dungeons into later games. So, if they put in those cut dungeons, then they wouldn't be original anymore. :D Yeah, I think that's right.

    I have not finished A Link to the Past yet, but I am very stoked for a new Zelda game for the 3DS! A Zelda 3DS game is loooong overdue! I mean, OoT was great, but an original game is always the best, in my opinion :) So, yes, I am excited for A Link Between Worlds, and I will finish ALttP before it's released :D

    ReplyDelete