Monday, April 8, 2013

I've Started a New Game

Yes, that's right.

I've been playing LINK'S AWAKENING!!!!!  Pretty unexpected, considering my last poll/question, right?  Well, it was for me too.  You see, my friend got it for me on my computer.  So I'm in Angler's Tunnel right now (fourth dungeon).

So far I love this game.

A lot.

But honestly, at one point I got sooo fed up.  It was at the very beginning, when you're supposed to go on the beach to get your sword, and all you have is a shield.  Well, there were these little pokey urchin things blocking EVERY SINGLE PATH.  I tried EVERY way around them.  I swear, there was no way around them.  And there really isn't.

I was about to resort to a walkthrough, after about 4 hours of struggling, when I had this idea in the back of my mind to hold my shield up and see if I would still get hurt while walking by.

Aaaaaand it turns out you could push them with your shield.  Yes.  Wow.  4 hours.  That's how long it took me to figure that TINY detail at the VERY beginning of the game out.  And yet I haven't gotten stuck since.

So that's my story.

On a side note, my comment got 100 likes on Zelda Dungeon!!!  I haven't seen that happen in a long time on ZD, and I never expected it would be mine..... wow!  I'm honored.  It's on "Why Every Zelda Game is the Worst".

Oh, and also, today I looked at my pageview traffic for no apparent reason, and a few of them came from the google search "hyrule historia error".  Sooooo I googled that, and I'm currently the third result.  But here all these other sites are, calmly explaining what the error in the book was and where it could be found, and there's my little rant about

"OH MY GOSH. I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW. THERE IS AN ERROR IN HYRULE HISTORIA. BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Right on the front page of Google.  In the description thingy of the THIRD RESULT.  Considering that fact, I'm surprised I got any pageviews from that search.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that no one likes a screaming, ranting blog that looks pretty pointless, especially if that's your first impression.  :/


So yeah.  That's a little embarrassing.  I guess.  :P


And WHOA.  When I copied the google search thingy it changed the rest of the font in the post.  But, I'm too lazy to go back and change it, so I'll just leave it as it is.  Bye!  :D


2 comments:

  1. oh. i posted my last comment before I read this one .///. You should still consider ALTTP though. I've heard so much about it and it seems awsome, but i haven't gotten the chance to play it myself. happy playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely playing it. I highly regard it as a great game, but I'm just debating whether to save the "best" for last, or to play it because I'm excited about it.... Oh well, I still have one more dungeon in Link's Awakening to go before I have to decide.

      And if you're thinking it's kinda creepy that I'm replying less than 10 minutes after you, that's cuz I just randomly decided to check my email and there was a comment on here.... it's not like I was refreshing the page every 60 seconds to see if anyone would comment.... heh heh.... XD

      Delete