Wednesday, January 30, 2013

HYRULE HISTORIA CAME TODAY!!!

WOOOOWWW!!!

It was supposed to arrive tomorrow!  And it came today!  I'M HAPPY!

So, anyway, I've glanced through it a little, and sadly, it's a little disappointing.  :(



...



JUST KIDDING!!!  It's freaking awesome!

(Just saying now, I won't reveal any spoilers in this post.  Unless you consider a summary of each section a spoiler.  In that case, stay away!!!  But don't worry, I don't spoil it.  I really can't, there's way too much, and it's really hard to put into words.)

I haven't read much yet, as I was saving that to do in this post.  But so far, from what I've looked over, it's really really really really really really really really really really really really really really awesome.  Also, it's much bigger than I expected, which is even more epic!

So, in this post, I will be going through the book not very thoroughly, since it's so long.  I'll just cover the basics of each section.  Trust me, this post will be long enough.  XD

So, to start out, it has an epic cover.  I didn't get the limited edition, so its a green cover, but it still has the awesome design and the words "The Legend of ZELDA" and "Hyrule Historia" in shiny gold letters, so I like it.

I open it up and there's a faint blotted-looking painting of the silhouettes of Hylia and the 3 tribes in Skyward Sword.  Next page is black with the master sword and Hylian shield in the middle.  (That's right, I just added "Hylian" to Blogger's dictionary!)  Next, it has that boring stuff like copyrights.  And then we get to the introduction with some pictures of Shigeru Miyamoto.  (I'll call him Shiggy from now on, no disrespect.  :P)  He talks about how he thought up the game, and how it all got started.  My favorite line is, "Link's adventures will go on as long as you continue to love his world."  So keep playing Zelda!!!

Next it has a bunch of art from Skyward Sword, with the designs of characters, places, and some items.  It shows the original designs of pretty much EVERYONE in Skyloft, along with a few unused characters, which I find pretty cool.  And then it goes on with the designs of just about every character, every enemy, every place and dungeon, every boss, every EVERYTHING.  Now, I'll HAVE to read this later.  Awww, it shows the designs of some Kikwis!  Wow, there were going to be a lot of different types, but were all unused.  Haha, wow, it describes one of then as a combination between a porcupine and a chia pet.  I find that funny.  So yeah, it describes, like, EVERYTHING in Skyward Sword for a good 50 pages.

Next, we have the chronology of Hyrule.  First, it shows the timeline, that practically everyone's seen, and then it describes every single event on the timeline, and even the events in between those events, for a lot of pages.  Wow, this is awesome.  It goes on to every last single game, describes the events in them, and has a bunch of characters and stuff.  Epic.  It has about 5 pages for every single game, with LOTS of stuff in between.

Now, in the next section, we have "Creative Footprints: Documenting 25 Years of Artwork".  ...And wow.  There is a LOT of stuff.  I mean, I'm not even going to try to explain how much stuff there is.  You'll just have to see for yourself.  Oh, and finally, more information on the light spirits!  And... UUGGGGHHHH.  I think I just died on the inside.  There's TINGLE.  A whole page on him.  *skips*  Nah, just kidding, I'll come back later.  (If I can force myself to.  XD)

And then we have changes in character design, which I covered here.  However, it looks WAAYYY different here than Glitterberri's translation.  That was good and all, but it just doesn't compare to this.  And then we have a game catalog.  And then "Wrapping Things Up" with Eiji Aonuma.

And ERMAHGERD THERE'S MANGA.  Actually, I already knew that.  But still, it's awesome.  It's Zelda manga, who wouldn't like it?  (BTW, it's Skyward Sword related.)  OK, I'm gonna read this like 5 times every day until the rest of my life.

Well, that's it, everybody.  Hope you enjoyed!  Now, I've got to go and READ THIS STUFF.  (Oh, darn, I have to study for a history test.  OH WELL, THAT WILL HAVE TO WAIT.  THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT BUSINESS.)

OK, bye.  I'll be reading Hyrule Historia.

No comments:

Post a Comment