Monday, January 28, 2013

Hyrule Historia - The Design of Ganon

Well, here we are.  Less than a day away from release date.  It's almost here.  (Unless you live in Australia, where it's been out... lucky.)  Anyway, this will be my final pre-release article on Hyrule Hisoria (obviously), and this time it will be about the changing design of Ganon/Ganondorf.  Now, in Glitterberri's translation, there are only 4 designs of Ganon.  I'm not sure if this is how it actually is in H.H., but we'll see soon, anyway.

OoT Ganon

Ocarina of Time (1998)
First, we'll start with Ganon (beast form) and Ganondorf (human form) from Ocarina of Time.  This was the very first time the human image of Ganondorf was used, and it will reappear later in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (remind me if I missed one).


OoX Ganon

Oracle of Seasons/Ages (2001)
Here, beast Ganon returns.  He looks very similar to the original Ganon in The Legend of Zelda.



TWW Ganon

Wind Waker (2002)
Here, a much larger variation of human Ganondorf returns, in a toon-like state (just like most everything in the Wind Waker).  He appears to be jeering at Link.


TP Ganon

Twilight Princess (2006)
Human Ganondorf alongside beast Ganon, like Ocarina of Time.  Ganondorf wields a sword in the artwork for the first time.  Compared to Ocarina's Ganon, this beast Ganon looks much more like a hog.  His horns have become tusks, he has dropped to all fours, and his chest is now a huge barrel-shape, instead of a more humanoid torso.


Those are the forms of Ganon(dorf) in Hyrule Historia.  It is likely that there will be a reason for the Ganons in The Legend of Zelda and A Link to the Past missing that will be explained in the book.  We'll just have to wait a few more days to find out.  The thing I'm disappointed about is that I will have to wait a few days for Hyrule Historia to come in the mail.  Based on my past experience with UPS, I hope it will come by Friday, but I may be wrong.  The sooner the better, though.

Farewell for now.  Chances are you are reading this tomorrow or later, when Hyrule Historia is already out.  I'll probably have another post tomorrow, also.  We'll see.

...Bye.  :)







2 comments:

  1. I can't be sure, but I thought that Ganon was actually in A Link to the Past...AND LoZ? Oh well, I can't be sure until I have played it. I really like Ganondorf's human form from TP. I can't be sure why, I just really like it. And I think you got them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you're totally right. I was wondering that, too.

      "Those are the forms of Ganon(dorf) in Hyrule Historia. It is likely that there will be a reason for the Ganons in The Legend of Zelda and A Link to the Past missing that will be explained in the book. We'll just have to wait a few more days to find out."

      I have the book now, and I'm still a little confused. I would say it only includes the human versions, but it includes the Oracle series, too. Oh well, the book's still awesome as it is.

      Delete